1. Happy dogs enjoy drinking from the watercourse that runs through the park
2. Cristal Camden hugs her Terripoo, Lucky
3. Yoshi, a Boston terrier, with his dog-dad Kwame Moore
4. Susan Montrose and Darwin, a mini Australian sheep dog, investigate wares from local pet venders
5. Little Austen plays with Brixton, a Frenchton
On Saturday, April 21, as the temperature rose to 80 degrees beneath the bluffs in Playa Vista, dogs and their pet-parents gathered for a surprise pup-up at Bluff Creek Fields Dog Park.
Parched pooches eagerly drank from the “river” that snakes through the park between rolling green knolls designed with a soft “pet turf” instead of woodchips.
Kelly Kline brought her four-month-old Australian Sheppard, Burgee, to chase tennis balls. Not only is the park well maintained, she said, “The dogs here are so friendly and the owners clean up after them.”
South Park Doggie Daycare and Just Food for Dogs gave out dog treats, making the park hound heaven for a lucky Lhasapoo (Lhasa-Apso-poodle mix) named Bella, a Terripoo (terrier-poodle mix) named Simon, and a Frenchton (French bulldog-terrier mix) named Brixton.
And just when it looked like the day was going to the dogs, Stacy’s Cookie Lounge passed out some tasty human treats.
— Shanee Edwards
Leave a Reply