Playa Vista is like a small town in the middle of a big city, so what better way to celebrate spring than an old-fashioned country fair?
At the Runway Funday Spring Carnival on March 19, local kids competed in old-fashioned ring toss games in between rides on a Ferris wheel and a small yellow choo choo train that paraded up and down Runway Road. Brave tots climbed a mega-slide for a fun glide to the bottom, while others took turns at blowing giant bubbles, a face-painting area and hands-on art activities. A live music stage in front of Lyfe Kitchen featured budding young musicians from the School of Rock.
“It’s a great way to spend a Sunday outside with our neighbors in our community,” said Sabrina Coleman, who brought her sons Marley, 5, and Noah, 3.
— Shanee Edwards
1. Parents take their wee ones for a spin on the Ferris wheel.
2. Kids from the School of Rock cover Steely Dan.
3. Children create spin art in bright neon colors.
4. Clowns from a street theater troupe called Forest Furries play to the crowd.
5. Girls with face paint attempt to spin a dish on a pole.