Balloon aliens, a giant inflatable slide and free In-N-Out burgers made for an entertaining Saturday afternoon at Concert Park on March 4.
As a deejay played Michael Jackson hits, local families took full advantage of sunny skies and a mild temperature of 67 degrees to decorate succulent plants, compete in a hula hoop contest and explore interactive exhibits created by the Zimmer Children’s Museum.
Westchester resident Bromley Shiels saw the event as a chance to spend some quality family time outdoors. Her three-year-old son Hunter said his favorite part was the slide, and father Rob really enjoyed his cheeseburger.
“It’s not just for children. The parents can be a part of it, too,” said Playa Vista resident Stephanie Dumlao, who brought her young son River. “I can get food and meet and connect with other parents.”
— Shanee Edwards
1. Children race to take their turn going down the inflatable slide.
2. Training to keep up with the hulks at Muscle Beach, these boys pump (fake) iron at a play gym.
3. A mom wrangles her little ones as they sail down the slide.
4. Free In-N-Out burgers came courtesy of the Fineman Suarez Real Estate Team.
5. A little girl decorates a succulent plant with her mother’s help.