Westside business minds gathered at the Centerpointe Club on June 23 to enjoy food, games and raffles while forming new community connections at the LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce’s ChamberFest LAeXpo.
Raymond Mackay from Urban Plates in Runway at Playa Vista was serving up delicious mac and cheese — a crowd favorite. Benny’s Tacos,
The Game Sports Bar, Tony P’s Dockside Grille, The Warehouse Restaurant and Rise & Shine Catering also made delicious impressions in the event’s tasting area.
Representing Providence Health and Services was Julie Tjandra, there to let the neighborhood know they are building a new 20,000-square-foot medical office on Jefferson Boulevard that will provide primary care, pediatrics, internal medicine and other services.
Maria Garcia, whose Facebook page “Playa Vista Bazaar” encourages locals to exchange goods and ideas, said she attended LAeXpo with her young son mostly for fun but also saw it as an opportunity to better know the surrounding neighborhood.
— Shanee Edwards
1. ChamberFest LAeXpo is a big draw for families and organizations alike
2. Playa Venice Sunrise Rotary Club members give away bottles of wine
3. Benny’s Tacos & Chicken Rotisserie grill chefs serve up mouthwatering quesadillas
4. Barbara Littlejohn and Janet Zaldua of the Marina del Rey Convention & Visitors Bureau
5. LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce staff members know how to have a good time
6. Info booths kept attendees busy with giveaways and games
7. Tony P’s Tony Palermo and daughter Francesca
Photos by Edizen Stowell / venicepaparazzi.com