Howard Hughes’ former helicopter factory became a haunted house and Halloween dance party for the living and the dead on Oct. 28.
Though Hughes’ own spirit was rumored to be in attendance, he literally ghosted our photographer, who was unable to capture his image. Ghosts aside, hundreds of millennials disconnected from their computers to enjoy sliders, candy and cocktails while disguising themselves in fanciful costumes and grooving to live deejay sets.
The hottest costume of the night was Pokémon Go’s Pikachu, but our favorite was the father/daughter duo dressed as Father Merrin and Regan from “The Exorcist.”
For twin sister YouTube stars Nina and Randa Nelson and their brother Willie, the party was a great excuse to take a break from vlogging about music, fitness and veganism to get turnt up on the dance floor and take some high key selfies to post to their Insta. #LifeGoals
— Shanee Edwards
1. Dressed as Pikachu from Pokémon, YouTube creator Chelsea Montgomery (aka Lux Drummerette) is famous for playing drums to metal music while wearing stiletto heels. Her date is Keenan Mosiman (aka Captain Crunch).
2. Father-and-daughter duo Matt McNeil and 12-year-old Jessica came dressed as Father Merrin and Regan from “The Exorcist.”
3. One pair of guests dressed as the “Stranger Things” Christmas lights message board and series character Eleven.
4. Barf the Dog spins some EDM and pop tunes.
5. The excited crowd dances beneath some super creepy clowns.