1. Playa Vista resident and author Shana Mangatal raises a glass on the outdoor patio before her meal
2. Masked and gloved, a server delivers wine and cocktails to guests
3. The pink neon bull and butterfly art adds a fun, whimsical feel to Runway
4. A bartender shakes a cocktail in the gorgeous horseshoe bar
5. A premium cut of beef cooked to perfection with rice and beans
6. Glass doors roll open to connect the bar space with one of the two outdoor patios for lovely al fresco dining
Photos by ZSUZI STEINER
After many hungry months of waiting, amidst the dust of the remodel at Runway, Bull & Butterfly finally opened for business on Sept. 24, serving dinner under string-light adorned gazebos on two patios.
Brought to you by restauranteurs Alan and Heidi Jackson, creators of the fast-casual, comfort food-rich Lemonade restaurants with Executive Chef Robbie Nowlin (Otium) leading the kitchen, this California steakhouse has a modern, coastal vibe that’s sure to impress Silicon Beach’s tech-heads.
In the wake of COVID-19, the traditional steakhouse has been forced to adapt to al fresco sensibilities and Bull & Butterfly has done so surprisingly well. The Jacksons had the foresight to build two patio areas, one in front of the restaurant and one on the side.
Bull & Butterfly is open Sunday to Thursday. Hours are 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday night the restaurant stays open to 10 p.m. Reservations are available online via Tock.
— Shanee Edwards