Gorgeous sunshine lit up the morning of Sept.15 as the Playa Vista working community rushed the bandshell to grab a healthy snack before heading to the office.
Local caterers Mac & Ivy provided their signature homemade maple-nut granola alongside fruit, mini crustless quiches, virgin mimosas and iced coffee to nearly 400 hungry techies.
Cindy Hazlett of Belkin International appreciates these types of community events “because it gets us out of the office and that’s always nice,” she said.
“It’s great to take a little break,” added Brad Williams of The Honest Company.
Sabrina Rennie of the tech startup Accent said she loves the Playa Vista environment.
“There’s such good energy. You get to be around a lot of exciting industries,” she said. “It’s really high security, so there’s a lot of privacy in the buildings, but it’s really nice to have events like this where people have a chance to come out and meet each other.”
— Shanee Edwards
1. Hungry techies cue up to get a morning snack
2. Mini muffins, yogurt and granola by Mac & Ivy
3. Tray of fresh-baked mini banana nut muffins
4. Coworkers hurry to grab a bite before work
5. A group of smiling colleagues nosh in front of the duck pond
6. Campus gatherings nourish the body and the community for these Playa Vista workers