Playa Vista residents and their guests gathered at the CenterPointe Club on May 20 to sip wine paired with international bites during the fifth annual Taste of Playa Vista.
A fundraiser in support of Playa Vista Elementary, the event featured live music by the Hollywood Rhythm Kings and auctions for sports memorabilia, gift certificates and even a week at the School of Rock summer camp.
Lisa Weinbaum, who has two kids at Playa Vista Elementary and a two-year-old who’ll be attending soon, led the auctions for the nonprofit Friends of Playa Vista School. Her goal was to raise at least $15,000 to help fund music, art and science programs.
“I think every kid deserves the best in education. If the district is unable to fund it, it’s important for us to make sure they’re getting the best they can,” she said.
— Shanee Edwards
1. Playa Vista residents enjoy wine, food and giving back to the community.
2. World on a Plate executive chef and co-owner Kevin Lee.
3. Community members bid on items during the silent auction.
4. Kevin Lee’s famous crispy risotto is served with careful attention to detail.
5. Locals bond over wine and conversation.
6. Friends of Playa Vista School board member and mom Lisa Weinbaum.