The big sound of tiny frogs croaking as they tried to escape the hands of curious boys filled the air on the evening of March 25 at The Lawn, the pocket park across from Runway.
The spontaneous block party featured a colorful light-up wall to encourage families onto the dance floor and upbeat tunes for inspiration to boogie down.
“We wanted to bring this fun attraction here to encourage people to come out and see all of Playa Vista at night, because it’s so beautiful,” said Jackie Krutz, director of experiences for Playa Vista master developer Brookfield Residential. And events like these work.
“We always keep an eye out for all the family-oriented activities. It’s a great opportunity for gathering and doing things we like,” said local dad Manuel Lara. The Lara family calls this playground “Spider Park” because of the spider web-like rope jungle gym.
— Shanee Edwards
1. Families enjoy playtime at The Lawn, one of the 27 pocket parks in Playa Vista.
2. Father and son examine frogs living in the pond.
3. A girl carefully navigates the rope jungle gym.
4. Boys look for wildlife in the pond.
5. A boy dances to pop tunes in front of a light-up wall.
Leave a Reply