Playa Vista families took a break from shopping to gather at The Resort for some seasonal cheer during the Dec. 3 Holiday Hangout.
Elves of all ages enjoyed frolicking on the lawn that was transformed into a Christmas tree play forest, complete with a snow machine.
With temperatures in the mid-50s, both kids and adults kept warm by dancing at the silent disco or entering a hula hoop contest. There was also a bounce house that let little ones feel like they were inside a giant snow globe. Others used their creative talents to make treasure boxes.
L.A. City Councilman Mike Bonin also joined the fun and shared his high hopes for the community: “Everywhere I go in Playa Vista is full of family fun — I love it. My wish for 2017 is that Playa Vista continues to grow on exactly the track it’s been growing.”
— Shanee Edwards
1. Playa Vista kids hula hoop to a live deejay.
2. A snow machine dazzles tiny tots who only know a life of sunshine.
3. Mike Bonin shares his holiday cheer.
4. A dad helps his daughter make a treasure box.
5. The snow globe-themed bounce house entices young PV residents to come in and play.